Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School

It has been a very long time since my last post. Summer is a very busy time and I have a hard time updating the blog. Well school has started again, and I have had a really difficult time this year watching my boys go off to school. Time just goes by way too fast. I wish that I could slow things down and even push a pause button sometimes.
Colton started the eighth grade this year at Rocky Mountain Jr. High. He loves school and has been counting down the days for school to start. He tried out for the football team this year and he made it!!! I am so excited to be able to go and watch the games.

Cord is in the 2nd grade at Hooper Elementary. He is so excited because he is in the same class with all of his buddies. He loves spending time with his friends and that is why he is so excited to be back in school. Cord is playing soccer this fall and is looking forward to football next year.

Cooper is a big sixth grader at Hooper Elementary. He loves his teacher and talks about her all of the time. He too is excited to have a lot of his friends in his class. Cooper is playing football and he loves it. He had mixed emotions about school starting again. He spends most of the summer working side by side with his Grandpa Dave and I think that he is really going to miss being with him. I think that Grandpa is going to miss him too.

First Day of School

Cael started kindergarten today. WOW... I didn't think that it would be this hard to see my baby go off to school. He has been my shadow for the past five years. He would follow me from room to room, carrying a bag of toys with him. I have loved every minute of it.

He has a great teacher, Mrs. Cragun. He was so excited to go today and he kept reassuring me that the time would go by fast, and that he would be home real quick. He asked me if I was going to cry and I told him no that I would hold it together until after I left the school. I made it to the car before the tears started to flow. If only I had that pause button.

3 comments:

Emily M said...

Such handsome boys!!! I to wish I could hit the pause button. Times goes by way too fast once you start having kids!

Natalie said...

Yes, it has been way too long since you updated your blog! :) It's crazy that school is starting again. Your little (and not-so-little) guys are so good-lookin! I love the first day of school pics. I can't believe your baby is in kindergarten. I'm glad you were able to hold it together until you got in the car! :)

Mindy M. said...

I thought about you all day yesterday and knew it would be hard. What handsome kids! Sorry the stiff coke didn't help the tears, but it does get easier. (like I said.....about the time they enter college.)