Monday, May 17, 2010

Ogden Half-Marathon

On Saturday I ran the Ogden Half-Marathon. The weather was beautiful and it was an amazing experience. It is amazing what you can accomplish when you set a goal and do it!!! I am so grateful to my wonderful family for supporting me and cheering me on. Also, thanks to my friends at work that encouraged me to sign up. I cannot believe the number of volunteers that helped to make the race possible. I am tearing up right now thinking of all the people along the race cheering, clapping, ringing cowbells, and yelling words of encouragement when you think that you can't go any further. I have definitely been walking a little slower the last few days, but I am glad that I did it and I am even looking forward to next year.

Greg and I after the race.

Relaxing with my boys.

Keicha and I celebrating our finish.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW! Congratulations!!! Now that you've become a marathon runner, I'm just wondering if there's anything you don't do. :) You're amazing!

Emily M said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome!! Way to go Nicole!!

Kami Anderson said...

Congratulations!!! What an awesome accomplishment.

Jamie said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome!