
Today I am feeling stressed, overwhelmed, humbled, blessed, inadequate, and completely out of sorts. I received a new calling today at church. I have know about it for a couple of weeks, but I was just sustained and set apart today. I have been asked to serve as the Relief Society President of our ward. When the Bishop called Greg and I into his office, he asked us both if we had any idea why he had asked to speak to us. Greg and I both looked at each other and said no not really. That is when he turned to me and said, Sister Cypers, the Lord would like you to serve as the Relief Society President of the Hooper Landings Ward. At that moment, I had a rush of thoughts and feelings race into my mind, and I knew that in fact the Lord had been preparing me for this calling. There were promptings and feelings that I had been experiencing that were preparing me for this call. I am scared and I already feel a sense of responsibility for the welfare for the members of our ward. I have a wonderful group of women that will be serving with me. My first counselor is Staci Tonioli, second counselor is Michelle Clarke, and secretary is Holly Bartlett. I went to the temple and I fasted and prayed, and I know that these are the women that the Lord wanted to serve with me. Again, I am scared, but I know that the Lord will help me through this. I know that I will grow, and I know that there are many many very important things for me to learn from this calling.
I am so grateful for my amazing husband and wonderful boys. I know that they will support me and be a great help to me. I know that the gospel is true and I thankful for the blessing of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
2 comments:
You're going to love every minute of it!! You will get to know and love ALL the sisters in your ward on completely different level and want to help everyone. It will humble you quicker than anything, but you will learn more compassion and sincerity and you will love those you serve and serve with. You will do a wonderful job Nic!! I'm so excited for you and your family. The blessings are numerous!! Love you and so happy to be a part of your family!!
Wow! They don't let you rest for a minute, do they? That's awesome and you will do a great job. The sisters in your ward are very lucky to have you.
Post a Comment