Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Day on the Farm

Recently Cord, Cael and I were able to go on a field trip to a dairy farm. Cael's preschool class went to the Wadeland Farm. I have to say, that I have never seen so many cows. While on the farm, we learned that they milk over 1200 cows every day, and a calf is born every day on the farm. WOW!!!


The farm has a full time veterinarian on staff. He was telling the kids all about how he takes care of all of the sick cows.


Cord and Cael loved the calves. Notice all of the flies in the pictures.

Cameron and Cael were checking out the cows in the milk barn.

A funny thing happened when we were inside the milk barn. Cord was getting as close as he could to check out what was happening. Then one of the cows kicked and flipped its tail, and guess what landed on Cord's face right above his lip? That's right...Cow Poop, as Cord put it. Then without hesitation, he wiped it off of his face and on to my jacket.

6 comments:

Emily M said...

Of course he wiped the poo right on "your" jacket- where else would he put it? Just like yucky noses always get wiped on your shirt. You really have the cutest boys!

Mindy M. said...

Looks like you had a fun day. Where is this place-never heard of it? It looks huge! Isn't it nice to know mom's are good for something ~ a permanent kleenex! You've gotta love our kids!!

Michelle said...

Hahaha! I love the story. What cute little guys!

Paula said...

That is so funny! It sounds like you had an interesting day. I think it's great you were able to go on the field trip with the boys. I have never heard of that farm either. It must be huge. I love the pictures. All of your boys are so adorable!

Janalee Anderson said...

Lucky you to get to go on a field trip. Welcome to the life of a teacher. Monday I'm heading with my class to our annual Hogle Zoo field trip. This year, I'm packing throw up bags so hopefully I don't have to clean it up off the bus and the kids like last year (as the bus is moving through downtown Salt Lake traffic). Kids are fun and field trips always have great stories!

Natalie said...

I love this! Greg loves to go to our neighbor's farm and milk cows. He always comes home so smelly! Your boys are so fun. I bet they loved having you go along on the field trip. You're such a cute mom!