Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Colton

Colton turned 12 years old last Thursday, September 18. After school and football practice, we invited his grandparents over for cake and ice cream and of course presents! Colton is such a great boy, and he is a BIG help to his mother. He is so responsible and very talented. He also has a great personality and loves to play practical jokes on everyone. He is a BYU fan and loves to read. Earlier this week he was selected as one of the 12 Peer Leaders for Hooper Elementary School. The selection process consisted of writing an essay and an interview with the Principal and the sixth grade teachers. Colton is a wonderful example to his younger brothers. I love him so much and I am so grateful that I am his mother. On Sunday, Colton was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. Greg ordained him and his Grandpa Dave, Grandma Glo and Grandma Tam were there to support him. Unfortunately, Grandpa John could not be there because he was in the hospital being treated for a blood clot. He recently had some surgery and well, blood clots kind of run in the Cypers Family. This makes three blood clots for John, Steve (Greg's brother) has had one and Greg had one in his leg that broke off and went to his lung. I am happy to report that John is at home now and on the mend. I am glad that Tam followed her instincts and took him to the hospital right away.
Greg is such a great Dad, and a wonderful example for his boys. It was a pretty emotional experience for him to perform this ordinance for his oldest son.

I am so grateful to have wonderful parents that support us in everything that we do. They are great grandparents and we are so blessed that we get to spend so much time with them.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Colton! He is such a handsome boy and sounds so accomplished!

Mindy M. said...

Congrats Colton on turning 12 and receiving the Priesthood! Nothing could be better!! You are such a wonderful young man and I am so glad to have you as a nephew!! You are such a great brother, friend and son! Keep being the same wonderful person you are and never change for anyone!!