Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy CORD!

Yes, another birthday party at the Cypers home.  Cord turned SIX yesterday.  He has been waiting so patiently for his day to arrive.  In fact, he has been counting down the days since the beginning of January.  When Greg went in to wake him up yesterday, Greg said, "Cord wake up!"  Cord said to Greg, "Dad don't you have something to say to me?"  Greg pretended not to know that it was Cord's birthday and of course Cord got all worked up.  It is so much fun to see the boys get so excited about their birthdays.  Cord was also very excited to go to school and take a treat for all of his friends.  His class sang Happy Birthday to him, and on the way home from school, all of the kids on the bus sang Happy Birthday to him.  
One of Cord's favorite gifts was a Clock Radio.  He told Grandma Tam that he was going to be going to school all day next year, and that he would need an alarm to wake him up so that he could get to school on time.  
And what birthday is complete without the double barrel smoking shotgun?????  Thank you Grandma Glo and Grandpa Dave.
We have had a great month of celebrating birthdays.  We are so blessed to have healthy boys that bring so much joy into our lives.  We are especially grateful to have both sets of grandparents live so close, and that we can spend so much time with them.  

5 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

Happy Birthday Cord!! I'm glad you had a fun birthday. He is so cute. Your boys are growing up so fast, where does the time go?

Natalie said...

I love birthdays! Your boys are so fun. My husband still uses the clock radio he got for a gift when he was in elementary school, so maybe Cord will still be using his when he's 30!

P.S. I love seeing the background pictures of your house. It's gorgeous!

Mindy M. said...

Happy late Birthday, Cord! You're getting too old too fast!! Slow down! Looks like you got lots of fun and dangerous things for your birthday ~ thanks grandma & grandpa!

Natalie said...

I love that he wanted an alarm clock for his birthday. What a smart kid to think of that at that age. I'm way impressed. Glad to see you guys are doing well. Would love to see you again soon!

Michelle said...

What a kid! I love his smile! Your house is beautiful. It looks like I need you to come over and help me decorate:)