Friday, February 13, 2009

Coupons, Coupons, and more Coupons...

Four weeks ago, I started shopping with coupons.  I have a friend in my ward who showed me how I could continue to build up my food storage and to save money at the same time.  Check out her blog savysaver.blogspot.com.  

This week I got the following items: 
(26) Hunts Snack Pack Puddings
(4) 48 oz Wesson Cooking Oil
(6) 6 oz Pam Cooking Spray
(2) Half Gallon Ice Cream
(12) 24 oz Hunts Ketchup 
(2) 6 Double Roll Pack Toilet Paper 
(2) Big Pack Pop Tarts 
(4) Kellogg's Fruit Snacks
(16) String Cheese
(2) Package Sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese
(7) Tubes Colgate Toothpaste (rain-check from last week)

Total cost out of pocket $ 70.74
Total savings $ 107.35

I have saved $449.56 in the last four weeks.  I have stocked up on cereal, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, butter, chicken, Totino's Pizza Rolls, juice, Ritz Crackers, Wheat Thins, Mayo and cleaning supplies.  

It is addicting... try it, once you see how much you can save, you'll be hooked.  


3 comments:

Cami said...

Awesome week!! I love coupons! You are good at this!

Emily M said...

I never shop wih coupons- i am excitd to check at this blog and start to save some money!

I have been catching up on your blog- I love Copper and the hamburger- his face was classic! And I loved the Valentine box- what a creative boy!

Natalie said...

Wow! That is really cool. I'm impressed. I have a friend who is also a coupon queen and I'm always amazed at the deals she scores. I'm going to have to check out your friend's blog and start couponing. I always cut out the coupons and forget to used them.